- The National Curriculum is organised in Key Stages. Key Stage 1 (ages 5-7 in Years 1 and 2) and Key Stage 2 (ages 7-11 in Years 3-6). The Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum is followed by children in the Reception class. Please see Class News tab for class curriculum details.
- Whole school planning procedures include schemes of work and lesson plans. We teach a creative curriculum and work is planned to meet the individual needs of each pupil. More details can be found on each individual Class page.
- The curriculum is delivered using a variety of teaching methods, sometimes whole class, sometimes group and sometimes individual.
- The school has internal procedures for monitoring the teaching and learning. These involve the Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher and Curriculum co-ordinators.
- All policies are available in school for parents to read.
- The phonics scheme follows The DfE Letters and Sounds Programme.
- The reading scheme is Read Write Inc. supplemented by a range of books from our library.
- The school follows the Oxford Diocesan Scheme of Work which works hand in hand with the delivery of the Oxfordshire Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education requirements.
Individual Class Curriculum Maps
Each of our classes has its own curriculum map, accessible from the respective class page:
Below are some links to the useful documents presented to our parents on our Curriculum Evening.